Get skinny quick!
How to become a fashion idol!
10 top tips on how to impress boys!
Get fashion advice from top actress Jennifer Lawrence!
How to shed the winter pounds!
Top 20 best rave anthems of 2013!
All the top gossip in 2014!
Most embarrassing moments of all time!
How to make your sleepover the best time of your life!
Monday, 13 January 2014
Symmetrical magazine covers
This front cover is symmetrical because one side of the face is the same to the other.
Asymmetrical Magazine Covers
Asymmetrical by shape
Asymmetrical by value
This image is asymmetrical by value because the colours on the front cover are blurred, but the title isn't which draws the reader to the title.
Asymmetrical by colour
This image is asymmetrical by colour because one side is red and the other black.
Asymmetrical by shape
This image is asymmetrical by shape because it draws you to the image as it stands out from the background as it is blurred.
Friday, 10 January 2014
Kids - It has animals and looks like lots of kids would like it.
Sport - It looks like the same font sport brands use.
Masculine - It looks very manly and strong.
Feminine - Very delicate and fancy.
Sophisticated - posh and fancy letters.
Bold - Bold font.
History - it looks very old and historical.
Font cover Typography Worksheet
1. How many different font styles do you see on the front cover?
2. How many different font sizes are used?
3. How many different font colours are used?
4. How many coverlines are there?
5. Describe the font used for the magazine title?
Big, bold and pink (Stands out).
6. How does the title communicate who the target audience are?
Women, because it is pink which is a stereotypical womens colour.
7. Whats the main coverline and how do you know?
Cosmo's Body Revolution because it is on the left third of the magazine which is what people see on the stand and it is the biggest one.
8. Explain how and why different colours are used on the front cover?
To draw the customer in and not look like a plain boring magazine.
9. Explain how and why different fonts are used on the front cover?
They use different fonts to make each coverline look different and unique to tell the customer this magazine has lots in it.
10. If you could change something about typography on this cover what would it be and why would change it?
I would use more colours apart from pink, white and black. I would also put more inspirational coverlines on the front cover.